You, Version 2.0 (Special Limited Edition)
Now you can get all of the essential self-improvement essays from dirtSimple.org in a portable, easy-to-browse 6x9" format, for as little as $1.25 per essay! ($29.95 plus shipping and handling).
What reviewers are saying:
Jack Thomas: "There is so much useful stuff in this book about motivation, setting goals, mind body balance, the list goes on.... I recommend it for a good think and a challenge to your perspective on life"
Keith Martin: "I discovered Philip Eby's blog Dirt Simple a couple of months ago, and his approach to mindfulness, mind hacks and getting things done resonated well with me. So when he collected his best posts and published them as a book, I happily ponied up his asking price and bought one. I'm glad that I did."
FictionFobic: "Why not insert a new program to upgrade the system? We do that daily at work and at home. Why assume that habits and patterns are fixed? Download a new driver and the glitch will be fixed. Familiar and reasonable words and indeed every lesson that is learned supports the case."
- Why it sometimes seems like you don't control your own actions
- Why the body is the key to the mind, and not the other way around!
- Why avoiding the things you dislike usually makes them worse, not better!
- Why achieving your goals will never make you really happy
- How to use your "mental time machine" to change the person you were, before trying to change the person you are
- How to overcome your resistance and procrastination, not by being harder on yourself, but by being gentler
- The real reason "resolutions" don't stick, and willpower doesn't work
- Why intelligent people are often far less happy with their lives than people of average intelligence, and what they can do to change this!
- The difference between visualizing to plan, and visualizing to act
- And much, much more!
Want to see what it looks like inside? Take a look at this 62-page PDF sampler that includes a sneak peek at the first few pages of Time and Awareness: The Refactored Self Part 2 -- an exclusive bonus essay that you won't find on this website or anywhere else. This exclusive essay provides a detailed explanation of how I did the "mental refactoring" described in The Multiple Self and Self, Version 2.0, so that you too can change the beliefs that are holding you back from a fulfilling life.